Tetsuya's EnglishBlog

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Valentine Day

Hi~ How is it going??
I'm doing well!!
This is the first post in 2007!!
Sorry not to write new one soon~

The other day, it was a Valentine Day (≧▽≦)
In Japan, Girls give chocolates to their favorite boys~
BUT I hear that there is no such a strange habit at all in the U.S??
I also hear that on the Valentine Day you give some presents (not only chocolates) to your favorite person. So it may occur that boys give beautiful flowers to girls??
WOW (>_<) As for me, I was given as many as two chocolates by my students!!!!!!!!!!! ( as you might know, I 'm teaching English at a cram school) As I didn't expect someone give me that kind of things ( except for my mum), I was so glad!! ( though other teachers were given chocolates by them... they seemed to give all their teachers) Anyway, since then, this is the time of year I like best!!! By the way, I will take TOEFL ( Test of English as a Foreign Language, which we need if we want to study abroad, especially in the U.S, Canada, U.K, and Australia) TOEFL is made up of Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing section. Each section demands certain level of ability as a English speaker. These are really hard (>_<)!!
The high score may be against all odds for me...
So that is one of the reason why I start to post again~
And I'll post everyday until my test day if possible.
I'm going to practice Listening section tonight~
See ya tomorrow~

1 Comments:

  • Hello, Tetsuya! I didn't know you were teaching English in a cram school--good for you! I hope your semester at AGU went well and you did well on all your exams. We are in the 5th week of our spring semester at UM. I have a new class (blog: http://005spr2007.blogspot.com), but no Japanese students :-(

    On Valentine's Day, I had the day off because we had an ice storm! My husband gave me some chocolates (here, men give the chocolates more often than women). I love chocolates!

    By Blogger Nina Liakos, At 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home